Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chanel, Chanel, Chanel


I've been working on my Chanel jacket every few days and to be quite honest, if it weren't for this sew-along, I would have scrapped it a long time ago.  I guess that's what good about sew-alongs!!  A person doesn't want to be a party pooper!  Why scrap?  Well, I normally work on one item at a time and this project is so time consuming that I haven't been able to stay with it until completion.   The fabric is very  floppy - and I hate working with those wide seam allowances.  All this being said, it's starting to look like a chanel jacket.  I'm doing the shortcut version as shown in Threads #128 and hope to post a picture soon.  Today I worked on the sleeves and should be able to finish them during my next session.  Then I'll insert them into the jacket and start the hand sewing (attaching braid, inserting chain at hemline, etc.).  If my projections are correct, it should take me about 10 more hours to finish.  Wish me luck!

Mary

1 comment:

Glenda said...

I love your jacket